One could say to themselves; I’m a grown ass woman I finished school I don’t need any education goals. Au contraire mon ami, everyone should have education goals.
I consider myself a life long learner, there is always something to be discovered, enhanced, fine tuned. I have realized that learning is a extension of being creative, the more you learn the better you can create and sharpen your skills.
What has worked : Every year I write down 4-5 books that I want to read: I usually get the titles from people I admire or have been recommended to me. I keep a list in the back of my planner, on amazon and my online library account. Usually they are books to help me accomplish something; better habit; healthy eat; tidying up something. Also I have drastically improved my Excel skills, which has made my day job easier and help me build skills for my next career move. I though about buying one of those Excel courses but honestly I learned everything online and YouTube for free.99
What hasn’t worked: Trying to coax myself in learning things I “should learn” I have toyed around with the idea of getting my masters for years and every year I stop myself actually applying to a program. Why? Cause I know I don’t want to go back to school. I don’t need to pay $2000 a course to learn how to be a “Project Manager” without experience the certification is all but useless. With that being said, the Get Masters Degree goal will be on hold indefinitely.
Education Goal: For my education goals are as follows
- Continue to read 4-5 books over the next 12 months.
- Refresh on basic coding ( for WordPress)
- Go from being proficient to highly proficient in Spanish
For right now this is just the basic list I came up with to start. Here are some tips for choosing you education goals:
- Is there a skill that your missing to “fill the gap” can that skill be learned?
- Think of the people you admire the most, what are there favorite books? is there any books that have changed there life?
- What are some free resources that you can utilize to learn a new skill? Check local libraries and churches to see what classes they offer.
Day 6 complete